lcc and TenDRA are both in available as packages.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Gergely EGERVARY [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 11:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OFFTOPIC] alt. C compiler

Hi,

is there any alternative (non-commercial) C compiler to use, or is gcc the
best?

I have just upgraded my system to -current w/egcs 2.95.2 and I have
several problems with it, especially when using optimizations (-O2 and
such)

ok I know there's the good old gcc 2.7.2.3 but a good BSD-licensed
compiler would be nice =)

-- mauzi