In the last episode (Jan 05), Ronald F. Guilmette said:
> Martin Cracauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >When your code breaks when using -O2 or higher, don't do that, use
> >just -O!
>
> Ah, excuse me, but -O is equivalent to -O2.

/usr/src/contrib/gcc/toplev.c:4821

      if (!strcmp (argv[i], "-O"))
        {
          optimize = 1;
          optimize_size = 0;
        }

So, -O is equivalent to -O1.  Go down one page from there, and you'll
see the individual optiomizations enabled by each level.  Also note
that for stock gcc, there is nothing above -O3 (If you see someone
using anything higher, you can be sure they're using pgcc).  The -Os
flag automatically sets -O2.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]