> Anyone had a look at this?
>
> http://www.project-udi.org/

Yes; I've been talking with various of the UDI folks off and on for
several years now.  It's an interesting project, and may offer us a
canned solution for our next major driver architecture upheaval.

At the moment, however, the big wait is for their planned open-source
reference implementation, due out in the next few months.  I think that
everyone would agree that we want to see the architecture in action in a
form that we can take apart and look carefully at before getting too
carried away one way or the other.

\\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]