In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wilko Bulte writes:
: Maybe make it conditional via an option in the kernel config file?
: Off by default of course. Looking at LINT/NOTES I see very obscure things
: for Cyrix and Bluelightning CPUs already.

I was going to make that same argument.  There's a need to have these
centrally located.  It should be conditional, however...

Then again, on the hardware we have for Timing Solutions, we have to
turn off the FOOF hack because it gets in the way of intercepting
NMI traps...

Warner