On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 02:34:55PM -0400, Ugen Antsilevitch wrote:
> The part that obviously interests me is IPFW - if you guys are
> interested to put some effort in "real" i.e. stateful firewall
> to be developed i'd love to offer any help i can.

Great!

How we should proceed -- that's the question.  My plan:

* Clean the existing code (both userland and kernel) (10-20% done)
* Re-design the ipfw's API
* Port the existing functionality to the new API
* Proceed with new features

--
Ruslan Ermilov          Sysadmin and DBA of the
r...@ucb.crimea.ua      United Commercial Bank,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age