:or do what Kirk wants to do and merge the VM and Vnode structures
:I belive the UVM does a bit in this direction due to kirk's influence.
:
:julian

    If this could result in a smaller overall structure, it may be worth it.
    To really make the combined structure smaller we would also have to
    pair-down the fields in both structures.  For example, the vnode structure
    contains a lot of temporary clustering fields that could be removed
    entirely if clustering operations are done at the time of the actual I/O
    rather then before hand ( which leads to other problems related to
    low-memory deadlocks :-(... but assuming that could be fixed... ).

                                                -Matt