On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 03:28:01PM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> Anyway, I am also puzzled as to why there would be much objection
> to the option of mandatory locking.  My initial systems-programming

If you provide mandatory locks that can be broken, then many of the
objections may disappear...  Providing mandatory locks that can be
broken would be rather useful, I think.

Mandatory locks that cannot be broken are another matter...

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.