On Jan 18, 2012, at 2:44 AM, Robert Watson wrote:

> ... perhaps what is really called for is breaking out our .0 release
> engineering entirely from .x engineering, with freebsd-update being in the
> latter.

This is a great idea!

In particular, it would allow more people to be involved.

There's a practical limit to the number of people that can be
involved in any single release process; having multiple
groups handling separate releases (for example, we
might have a group working just on 8-STABLE releases,
so that 8.3, 8.4, etc, weren't competing for resources
with the more complex 9.0 release).

Tim