On 06/04/2012 00:54, Pegasus Mc Cleaft wrote:
You know what it could be? I just had to rebuild my user-land because of KDE updates and I use variables in my make.conf to switch between base GCC and CLANG. I forgot to switch back to base gcc before compiling the nvidia driver. I installed the driver and rebooted, xorg came up but as soon as I logged in, kwin crashed, then the machine kernel panicked and rebooted. I rebooted and crashed a few more times before realizing what I had done. I recompiled the driver with GCC and the machine has been rock-stable with the nvidia driver.

    Maybe the OP has done the same thing and not realized it?

Unfortunately, that's not the case. I wish it was.

Yuri