The last time concurrent rc patches where proposed I measured boot time
on my laptop (running 8.2-RELEASE i386 IIRC): out of 45 seconds from
power on to login prompt, 20-25 where spent in rc, and parallel
execution of it shaved off 7 seconds from boot time.

I'm also seeing similar breakdown on VirtualBox: rc subsystem
consistently takes about 40-50% of boot time. This is on a system with a
static IP and where only sshd is started (even sendmail is disabled).

strange but with static IP it takes maybe 3 seconds without any modifications.