On 2012-Jul-04 19:10:08 -0400, Mike Meyer <m...@mired.org> wrote:
>My first thought was to suggest it be a port as well, but I'm not sure
>that can be done sanely.

The easiest way is probably to implement some form of generic "command
not found" hook into sh(1) and tcsh(1) - in interactive mode, if a
specific function exists, execute it rather than reporting an error
message .  The actual functionality to map a command name to a port
and suggest it to the user could nten be implemented separately as a
port and the user would enable it by adding the appropriate function
definition to their .profile/.login/.[t]cshrc files.

Note that I'm not currently interested in this functionality and am
not volunteering to implement it.

--
Peter Jeremy