Hello,

FreeBSD is so powerful and great.
I would like to discuss some ideas or wish list with you guys:

1) Perl version change within Major release
If I remembered correctly, FreeBSD 9.0 shipped with perl 5.12 packages in the
DVD.
But in FreeBSD 9.1, Perl 5.14 is shipped.

I think Perl version should be consistent in the FreeBSD 9 series.
The change of Perl version may make user difficult to upgrade other perl
packages due to dependency issues.
I know pkgng should replaced the old package management tools in FreeBSD 10, I
hope the situation would improve.

2) pkgng
I think it has checksum checking on the files in the packages.
Could pkgng detect the packages was being tampered?
Or how can user authenticate that the package is build by FreeBSD?

3) FreeBSD's own systat
Yes. there is bsdsar in the ports, but I would like to see improvement.
For example, stat for multiple CPU, number of open files/context switches, one
statistics file per day, etc...

Thanks and regards,
Patrick Dung