I've got that FreeBSD gateway in a corner at my house, it works fine & dandy
but the constant noise (whirring fans, hard drives) gets on my nerves.

What solutions have people explored to quiet down a computer system? (actual
experience will be preferred over wild speculations). I'm already aware of
PicoBSD, but I need more storage than just a floppy. Has anybody
experimented with RAM cards? How about noise-proof enclosures?

--Renaud