Wes Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> We've also implemented a nightly LXR index at work for web browsing of the
> source.  I've only played with it a little bit, but the indexed searches
> are sure fast.

I also have one of these up and available for public use at
http://lxr.pdl.cs.cmu.edu/. It currently indexes RELENG_4 and current
nightly, and has static indexes of a bunch of previous versions
(2.0.5, 2.1.7, 2.2.8, 3.0-3.5).

It's on a reasonably wimpy machine at the moment, but I'll be sticking
it on a faster box next week or so.

As far as actual kernel source editing tools, I'll echo the
emacs+etags suggestion.

--nat

--
nat lanza --------------------- research programmer, parallel data lab, cmu scs