:B) Added 3gb of swap on one drive, 1gb of swap on a raid volume
:   another 1gb swap on another raid volume
:C) enabled vfs.vmiodirenable and kern.ipc.shm_use_phys
:
:--
:+-----------------------------------------------------------+
:| [EMAIL PROTECTED]         | [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |

    I'd reduce that 3gb on that one drive to 1gb.  The kernel
    allocates a bitmap for 4 * (largest_swap_partition), i.e.
    it will allocate a bitmap for 3gb x 4 = 12 gb worth of swap,
    even though you only have 5.  If you reduce the 3gb to 1gb, then
    the kernel will allocate a bitmap for 1gb x 4 = 4gb worth of swap,
    using 1/3 the memory for the bitmap.  Each page of swap eats 2 bits of
    memory for the bitmap so we aren't talking about a huge
    amount of memory, but it's worth doing.

                                        -Matt