On Tue, 22 May 2001, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Jason Andresen wrote:
> >
> > If only FreeBSD could boot from those funky M-Systems flash disks.
>
> It can.

How?  Nothing I found in the documentation indicated this, or gave any
sort hint as to how I might go about doing it.  The Linux driver has a
hacked version of Lilo that has to be installed prior to even thinking of
doing anything with the flash, but I found no equivelent for FreeBSDs
boot1.

FreeBSD can mount the disks just fine (I used a custom PicoBSD boot floppy
to fix up the Linux install on the flash disk enough so that it would boot
(the stupid script M-Systems provided installed a completely hosed
system!)).

This sort of information might be handy to have on freebsd.org.