Hello Matt,

MD> :
MD> :On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 08:37:49PM -0500, Andrew Hesford ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
:>> New "modules"? Isn't that just the same as /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ ? I side
:>> with Mr. Dillon, I hope things stay the way they are.
MD> :
MD> :You acted rashly.  It's like /usr/local/etc/rc.d, only it becomes
MD> :extended to the base system, so that we can have /etc/rc.d/*
MD> :{stop,start,restart,*} for all the daemons.  It makes taking care
MD> :of our base system daemons easier.
MD> :
MD> :--
MD> :wca

MD>     All I care about is /etc/rc.conf ... I like the idea of splitting
MD>     the various other rc files into pieces as long as I can control them
MD>     all from /etc/rc.conf.  If it's extensible that's even better!

MD>     What I really hate is the SysV/Linux/Solaris style of rc.d configuration
MD>     directories where you create/maintain softlinks in specially named
MD>     directories (named after the run level) to a master set of
MD>     startup files.  Blech.  Yuch.  Ptooey!

MD>                                                 -Matt

It seems it fits your need, it has a rc.conf file to control whole rc
system and has a rc.d directory but havn't to maintain symbol links.
SysV has several run levels, it has to have many symbol links,
BSD hasn't.

--
David Xu