> Is there any plan to import NetBSD rc system,
> I am willing to see it appears in FreeBSD 5.0.

Here's the status of this project at the moment as I see.  Please let
me know if I've misunderstood anything, or if anybody has had a change
of heart.

Both Gordon Tetlow and myself have volunteered to start the work seperately
(which I'm assuming isn't entirely a bad thing).

Doug Barton started work on this before, but got sidetracked by unrelated
-CURRENT troubles.  Any chance you have anything helpful for us, from
your previous efforts, Doug?

Mike Meyer has volunteered to assist, (and those of you who have CueCat's
should check out his nifty little CueCat utility) and last but certainly
not least, Jordan Hubbard just wants somebody to stop talking and code. :-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mentioned the first of the many adjustments to be
made, this one regarding mergemaster.

I've started a project homepage at http://overtone.org/rc.d/ as I get code
together, and released, I'll keep it updated, unless it turns out that
Gordon Tetlow is a machine, and integrates the whole thing before I can
get NetBSD -current and FreeBSD -current installed.

        -Kevin Way

PGP signature