"Karsten W. Rohrbach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> yup, exactly. to me it seems to be a major problem to get some unified
> api out of openssl adressing fucnctions on the hardware -- i simply do
> not know how other crypto chipsets do it, i just investigated the
> rainbow board. they got a patch against openssl 0.9.5 i think, that
> glues in the driver calls instead of standard lib functions.

Can you dig out this patch for me?  It would be a big win if the
userland interface to Soren's hardware were compatible with Rainbow's
driver.

> yes yes yes ;-) you are perfectly right here. i just wanrted to mention
> that there is an _existant_ driver and patch against the openssl lib,
> also some test programs to look if the driver works, for freebsd 3.x.

This would be useful for ensuring compatibility with Rainbow's stuff,
especially if, as you say, they have a 4.1 version out now.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]