On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 01:10:27PM +0200, Alexander Langer wrote:
> Thus spake Kris Kennaway ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
>
> > On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 09:52:34AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >
> > > I have it fixed now in my local CVS tree.  Hopefully Kris will commit
> > > something to fix it soon :-)
>
> I'm just curious:
> How do people fix stuff in their local CVS tree and sync other
> FreeBSD changes with that?
>
> I mean I have much stuff, which gets
> M file
> in the next cvs update, but I'd really like to cvs commit them
> to my  local /home/ncvs, but cvsup will overwrite these changes.

One way that (I think it was) Sheldon pointed out to me a few months
ago would be keeping your own CVS repository and vendor-importing
the FreeBSD source on a regular basis.  The regular vendor-import
is quite time-consuming though :(

Also, I'm not really sure if CVS would allow having two vendor branches
(say, RELENG_4 and RELENG_5) and two corresponding working branches
(your changes to RELENG_4 and your changes to RELENG_5, which might be
 *way* different).

G'luck,
Peter

--
Thit sentence is not self-referential because "thit" is not a word.