John Polstra wrote:
> CVS claims to support multiple vendor branches, but in practice it
> doesn't work in any useful sense.  There's at least one place in the
> CVS sources where "the" vendor branch is hard-coded as 1.1.1.  You
> really don't want to use multiple vendor branches -- trust me. :-)
> Use two repositories instead, or use perforce.

I guess I'll ask the usual question:

Any chance of getting CVSup to transfer from a remote repository
to a local vendor branch, instead of from a remote repository to
a local repository?

This would be incredibly useful for building a combined local
source tree from multiple project's CVS repositories.  It could
be used by FreeBSD for a number of "contrib" things, as well...

Just a "hint hint" to the Modula 3 programmers among us...

-- Terry