:
:remember that we hit almost this problem with the KSE stuff during
:debugging?
:
:The pointers in the last few entries of the vm_page_buckets array got
:corrupted when an agument to a function that manipulated whatever was next
:in ram was 0, and it turned out that it was 0 because
: of some PTE flushing thing (you are the one that found it... remember?)
:(there was a line of asm code missing)

    I've kept that in mind, but I think this may be a different issue.
    The memory involved is 100% statically mapped in the kernel page table
    array, and the errors are more like bit errors then anything else.  Either
    the memory is bad or something in our kernel is setting or clearing flags
    through a bad pointer.

                                                -Matt