Note: Please cc replies to me as I'm not currently subscribed.

Kip Macy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FreeBSD does not support queued signals (part of RT Posix) which is
> required for this.
>
>                                -Kip

I guess I'll have to take a look at kqueues then.  On a similar note, I
was wondering why FreeBSD declares the sigval union with the following
members:

int     sigval_int;
void    *sigval_ptr;

when other operating systems (namely Solaris and Irix) declare it with
something like:

int32_t sival_int;
caddr32_t sival_ptr;

The difference I'm refering to is the member names, sival versus sigval.
(The above snippet is from Solaris's sys/siginfo.h)

Is there some reason I don't know about for FreeBSD doing it differently?

Tony Arcieri