On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 06:19:14AM -0600, D J Hawkey Jr wrote:

> They should have left well enough alone, and advocated languages that
> were/are OOPL by concept as well as design.

*sigh*  IF you say that then you really aren't thinking at at all.
Why isn't Eiffel (one of those pure OOL's) used more?  BECAUSE IT ISN'T
C.  Got it?  No one is willing to learn a new language.  How much
bitching do we get because CVSup is written in Modula-3?  It is a
type-safer language than C.  It has some OO-like constructs and its
threading model and GUI lib allow JDP to quickly create a really nice
application.  But all the benefits of Modula-3 are lost on the "I only do
C" crowd that is demanding CVSup be rewritten.

Thus to repeat -- C++ was built on C SO IT WOULD BE ACCEPTED.

> I'll go away now.

thank you.