On Monday 11 March 2002 03:25 am, Kris Kennaway wrote:
| On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 09:05:28PM +0100, BOUWSMA Beery wrote:
| > I built both a WITNESS and a WITNESSless kernel with more recent
| > k0deZ, and in the case of playing an mp3 file with `mpg123', I
| > saw practically no difference between the two, based on %cpu as
| > shown by `top' (like I say, completely unscientific and inaccurate)
|
| As you are no doubt aware there are significant infrastructural
| changes in -current relating to SMP scalability.  It's in a very
| interim state at the moment, and one of the downsides is increased
| interrupt latency and lock contention for certain operations (yes,
| audio playback is one of them).
|
| Basically, it's a known issue.

At -stable as well as -current or at -current only?

The original report here was there a provious thread had established some
issues with -current, but he did some testing and there are issues with
-stable as well.  Are those known issues, too?

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work)
Brian, the man from Babble-On . . . .   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)