Jeff Jirsa wrote:
> I've noticed that currently, violations of securelevel are
> aborted, but not
> typically logged. It seems like in addition to aborting whichever
> calls are
> in progress, logging an error might be beneficial. I recognize that this
> goes along the same lines as logging file permission errors, but if a file
> is marked immutable, the implicit value of the file should
> suggest that one
> might want to be able to audit attempted changes to that file.

I think this would be useful, but I would be concerned about the rate at
which these messages could come when someone is actively attacking a system.
Perhaps such messages could go through a rate limiter mechanism similar to
that now used by the network interfaces.

I am not certain whether this addition would affect the TrustedBSD work,
either.

Guy Helmer