On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:41:44AM -0700, Michael Smith wrote:
+> You could also use this technique to maliciously exhaust a user's quota,
+> by linking to their temporary files.  I'm not sure what the standards
+> have to say about this, but I don't much like the current behaviour.
+>
Yes. And look on this part of foldinfo.c from procmail:

         { if(stbuf.st_uid!=uid||                     /* recipient not owner */
              !(stbuf.st_mode&S_IWUSR)||             /* recipient can write? */
              S_ISLNK(stbuf.st_mode)||                  /* no symbolic links */
              (S_ISDIR(stbuf.st_mode)?        /* directories, yes, hardlinks */
                !(stbuf.st_mode&S_IXUSR):stbuf.st_nlink!=1))           /* no */
             /*
              * If another procmail is about to create the new
              * mailbox, and has just made the link, st_nlink==2
              */

As You can see, this is not good idea to use procmail when anyone can made
a hardlink to my mailbox.

--
Paweł Jakub Dawidek
Network Administrator.