> Thomas David Rivers writes:
> >   If I add
> >     enable MSChapV2
> >   in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf - then our ppp client requires that the
> >   peer (the Microsoft VPN server) authenticate using MSChapV2.  But,
> >   the Microsoft VPN peer refuses that (it's configured to not use
> >   MSChapV2.
>
> Don't you want something like "allow MSChapV2" and "disable MSChapV2" ?
>
> -Archie

 Something like that...  but - that's the default setting.  With the
 default setting, it seems to pass through CHAP (0x80) Authentication.

 But - then, the MPPE encryption is not allowed - because MPPE
 compression requires MSChapV2 (0x81) Authentication... and, the
 VPN server doesn't authenticate that way.

 I notice there is a line in the ppp man page:

        For now, ppp can only get encryption keys from CHAP 81
        authentication.

 But - the (Microsoft Win2000) VPN server I'm trying to talk do doesn't
 allow CHAP 81 authentication, but wants to use MPPE...

        - Dave Rivers -

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com