On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 01:23:33AM -0700, David Schultz wrote:

> I think you're on to something here.  Just imagine:
>
>   A: ``I'll give you $200 to add $foo to the base system.''
>   B: ``No, *I* bid $300 to get someone to work on $bar.''

This has been mooted before, and I think people have even made efforts
to implement, but it's never taken off in a big way.  I have seen
several people offer USD100 to the first person to fix a particular bug.
The claimer of the bounty usually asks that it be contributed to the
FreeBSD Foundation, which is nice.

--
 Ben

"An art scene of delight
 I created this to be ..."              -- Sun Ra