Morsal Rodbay wrote:
> I recenetly bought an Athlon XP 1800+... and it turned out that it wouldnt
> run XFree. Everything worked well besides X. Since a workstation without X
> is useless I was forced to switch to WinXP and it's very stable so there is
> nothing wrong with the hardware which means it's a FreeBSD issue.

It's probably _not_ a FreeBSD issue.  I'm running -stable on a dual AMD MP
1800+ system (Tyan 2466 motherboard), running XFree86 on a Radeon 8500 128MB
card.  No problems at all.  And it screams. :-)
--
Frank Mayhar [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/