On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, John Nielsen wrote:

> > On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, John Nielsen wrote:
> > >

> > My best guess would be that the modem is doing some anti-spoofing
> > between it's interfaces to prevent packets coming from the inside
> > having it's outside IP.  You will be able to tell if NO ipencap
> > packets are received on the remote BSD machine.
>
> Could you elaborate on this?  Since that does seem to be the problem (or at
> least a strong candidate), what would I have to do to work around this?  I
> don't suppose it's possible to create a gif tunnel inside an ssh tunnel, is
> it?

        Well it's simple.  The modem has 2 interfaces, one with the
        public_ip and one with the private_ip (which connects to your
        network).  To prevent spoofing, the modem could only allow traffic
        from certain private IP's and/or not allow packets with it's
        public address in/out via it's private interface.

Nick Rogness <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets