reichert> It was rather disappointing that I couldn't run 'make release' in
reichert> parallel via the '-j' option, though.  :/

WORLD_FLAGS and/or KERNEL_FLAGS don't work for you?

reichert> How disparate can the host OS version be from the version
reichert> I'm trying to make a release of?

Same branch should work.  Different branch may or may not work.  It is
known that recent 5-current can be built on a recent 4-stable environment.

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita