reichert> Unfortunately, I had to delve into other bits of mystery and wonder:
reichert> - The Makefile in usr/src/release; that's where KERNEL_FLAGS and
reichert>   WORLD_FLAGS are mentioned.

Ya, it should be documented in release(7) IMO...

reichert> Now, if only I could automate a relationship between
reichert> RELEASETAG and BUILDNAME...

You can set both RELEASETAG and BUILDNAME in your own shell script
which kicks "make release".  That's just a shell-script programming problem:)

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita