In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0207070053570.40375-100000@www>
            John Kozubik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: laptops.  Both are 4.5-RELEASE, one has two aironet LMC352 cards, and one
: has two Lucent gold cards.
: packet is dropped.  Further, echo response time is between 2.2 and 2.5
: milliseconds, which seems very high.

If these are in ISA PCMCIA adapters, then the ping times seem very
reasonable to me.  And even if they aren't, my laptop -> Lucent AP ->
desktop has a ping time of 2.6ms - 2.7ms (my signal quality is 29 at
the moment).

Also, before blaming netgraph, which may well be to blame, could it be
that you have interference from some other source that's making things
bad?  The exactly every other packet being dropped does seem to be a
big clue.

Also, if you set things up to be a routing situation (for experimental
purposes), does the problem go away?

Warner