>> Also, before blaming netgraph, which may well be to blame, could it
>> be that you have interference from some other source that's making
>> things bad?  The exactly every other packet being dropped does seem
>> to be a big clue.

John> I have ruled out interference as a contributor to these results.

John> So, the point made earlier in this thread that the behavior I
John> produced looked like the behavior of a ng_one2many setup with
John> 50% of the link not working seems to be correct.  However,
John> because the first test I mentioned above (two wireless nets
John> operating simultaneously across two systems without netgraph)
John> succeeded, I am not simply dealing with a bad card or a down
John> link.

Naw (I know this one).  It's the same reason that netgraph bridging
doesn't work on wireless cards.  The firmware on your card prevents
you from sending a mac address that is not your own as the source mac
address.  This is an attempt by the wireless chipset cabal to prevent
you from building your own access point.  (You can't be a bridge if
you can't transmit arbitrary mac addresses)

For most cards, there's no workaround.  For a few cards, it's rhumored
that you can hack the firmware (DLink is one I've heard mentioned).

If you hacked netgraph to set the source mac address to the source mac
address of each card, everything would likely work.  On second
thought, tho, you might need to hack arp (et. al.) to do the right
thing (or only have arp repsonses go out the primary interface).

Dave.