On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Chad David wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:20:51AM +0930, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> >
> > Certainly, a 2GB machine that I regularly test against does not notice the
> > smbds start up all that much.
>
> I have no real way of testing this type of load here, but first thing tomorrow
> morning I'll know..

Up on samba.org in CVS under cifs-load-gen is a tool that can simulate
clients. Simulating the startup of 100's of clients and then watching what
happens to the server is not too hard, as long as you have a driver that
can withstand the load of that many driver processes starting :-)

--
Regards
-----