In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Bruce M Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 09:47:38PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
: > >I forgot to mention I'm working on -STABLE. =o)
: > "Don't", that's a dead end and very very different from how the
: > NEWCARD world will look in the future.
:
: After playing with 'pccardc enabler' and looking at if_xe.c, I now understand
: why OLDCARD Sucks(tm).

pccardc enabler sucks.  if_xe.c in stable does all kinds of weird
things.

: I'm eager to get this particular device working on my present platform
: though, so I'm going to fight on, with the intention of porting it to
: NEWCARD as soon as possible.

That's mostly doable.  Most of the goo to have a driver support
oldcard and newcard is present in -stable.  I have some more good to
MFC tonight or this weekend (just got RE approval).

if_wi_pccard.c might be a better thing to look at for something that
supports both oldcard and newcard in a sane way.

Maybe if you provided more details on the hardware, I could provide
more detailed answers, privately if necessary.

Warner