On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:11:21PM +0300, Yar Tikhiy wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 07:53:44PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > > Peter, here is a bit reworked version of your patch.
> > > Does it look reasonable?
> >
> > Yes, this looks fine; the data connection port issue was brought up by
> > Matthew Seaman in a private message to me, which I did not respond to
> > immediately, because I wanted to feel the general thoughts on the
> > subject.  Now that you have incorporated it into your patch, it all
> > sounds great :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> > I see that you have also changed my '.Nm' macro for the 'ftp' service to
> > '.Dq'; that's fine too, I was in quite a bit of doubt myself over
> > exactly which mdoc macro to use.  The '.Nm' came from the telnet(1)
> > manual page, but it did not look quite right to me.
>
> As far as I know mdoc, .Nm should be used once with an argument,
> the subject of the page, and then it may be used with no argument
> to refer to the subject since it remembers its argument.
> Therefore excuse me, but your using ".Nm ftp" in the middle of the
> page to refer to "ftp" as a TCP service wasn't quite correct :-)

Yes, I know it wasn't; but a quick test revealed that at least with
-STABLE's groff, '.Nm ftp' used in the middle of the ftpd manual page
did not influence the further calls of '.Nm' without arguments - all
the rest of the page correctly displayed 'ftpd' at each '.Nm' usage.
Still, it was not correct, and I freely admit it :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  [EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Key fingerprint FDBA FD79 C26F 3C51 C95E  DF9E ED18 B68D 1619 4553