On 2003-12-28 at 14:51:42 Kevin A. Pieckiel wrote:

>>> Included is my dmesg output from the 5.1 kernel and my kernel config
>>> file SAMSON for the 5.1 kernel.  Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> You need "device ataraid" in your config file..

> Thanks.  That worked great.  For some reason I missed this bit...

This is a good example: making a copy of GENERIC some time in the
past, and forgetting to update it when you upgrade the whole OS. :)
In the latest version of GENERIC, ataraid is included by default.

Maybe it would be nice to have a system for this, like what is used
for /etc/rc.conf, i.e. making your kernel config file simply include
GENERIC, and then only adding/removing those items you want to be
changed from the defaults.