Bruce M Simpson wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 02:42:07AM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

It occurs to me that the simple, reliable solution to this is to
add a 'realclean' target to /usr/src/Makefile, such as:

I don't have a problem with this.

However, on a related but somewhat separate note:

It would be helpful if it were pointed out in documentation somewhere
that the path to the compile and source directories, when doing NFS
kernel installs, has to be identical to those which were in effect on
the build box due to the treatment of MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX during the modules
build (and subsequent modules/* path creation).

BMS

I believe this is mentioned in the development(7) man page. But I do not believe it is not mentioned in the relevant handbook section.

And this (very useful) man page is never mentioned in the handbook anywhere. I found it by accident one day when looking for something else.

Richard Coleman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]