At 10:19 AM -0700 2/15/04, M. Warner Losh wrote:
In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Garance A Drosihn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: realclean :
:       rm -Rf ${.OBJDIR}/*

I'd make that be more like:

realclean :
        @chflags -R 0 ${.OBJDIR}/*
        @rm -Rf ${.OBJDIR}/*

If you can tolerate errors in the output, the following is
faster because the chflags has lots less work to do:

realclean :
        @rm -Rf ${.OBJDIR}/*
        @chflags -R 0 ${.OBJDIR}/*
        @rm -Rf ${.OBJDIR}/*

The more foolproof/reliable we can make it for everybody, the more I like it. I'll see your chflags, and add one redirection of stderr so the user won't see errors that we don't really care about:

realclean :
        @rm -Rf ${.OBJDIR}/*  2>/dev/null
        @chflags -R 0 ${.OBJDIR}/*
        @rm -Rf ${.OBJDIR}/*

Any errors that showed up on the first 'rm' should also show up
on the second 'rm', so we shouldn't really lose any useful info.
I might also try wrapping the second two commands in an 'if', so
they will be executed only if there's still something left over
after the first 'rm'.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]