On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:44, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > I have ktrace'd it and when I click 'Yes' on the CDROM prompt it only
> > seems to try and open fstab and mtab. It ends up with a FreeBSD fstab
> > and /compat/linux/etc/mtab which is a zero length file.
>
> Is it expecting /compat/linux/etc/mtab to be updated somehow when you
> mount the new disk?

That's the implication I guess :)

I fiddled briefly with trying to put stuff in there but I didn't really know
what the format of it was on a modern linux distro..

Should ask some of my Linux friends I guess..

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5