Daniel O'Connor wrote:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 01:01, Robert Watson wrote:

I have ktrace'd it and when I click 'Yes' on the CDROM prompt it only
seems to try and open fstab and mtab. It ends up with a FreeBSD fstab
and /compat/linux/etc/mtab which is a zero length file.

Is it expecting /compat/linux/etc/mtab to be updated somehow when you mount the new disk?

linprocfs exports an mtab file from the kernel that's appropriate for use as a substitute, I believe. You can try symlinking etc/mtab to procfs/mtab in the linux namespace.

In the end SETUP_CDROM=/cdrom worked.
I thought I'd tried it but apparently not..

Now if only nvidia would fix their drivers so I could run it from in KDE without hanging the PC..

We're working on providing TLS so that they can do that.. they are waiting on us.. don't blame them..