Daniel O'Connor wrote:

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:00, Kathy Quinlan wrote:

I have some code that I build for two targets, one an Atmel uC and the
other FreeBSD.

What is the best way to redefine getchar and putchar (in uC they use the
serial port, in FreeBSD stdin stdout)

Or would I be better #ifdef the commands and making getchar only used in
uC and my serial port handler in FreeBSD ??

I didn't think getchar/putchar existed in the Atmel libc implementation..

I would suggest using a different function name and implement it differently for either platform.

Also you'll want to be careful about the fact that the Atmel has 2 separate address spaces (if it's an AVR anyway) which can cause problems because you have to read from the right one.

ATM it is written in codevisionAVR which is where the function is called, so I guess for now I will just break the AVR support;)

I am planning on moving wholey over to GCC and FreeBSD, once my final customer has agreed to Eagle for the EDA side, this PC will be Free of M$ crap and I will be wholy FreeBSD :)

Regards,

Kat.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 266.4.0 - Release Date: 22/02/2005