On 08.06.2007, at 20:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The only problem here is that this isn't a solution for providing routing for somebody else's Class C block.

Why?

inetnum:      192.109.197.0 - 192.109.197.255
netname:      LEMIS-LAN
descr:        LEMIS Lehey Microcomputer Systems
descr:        D-W-6324 Feldatal
descr:        Germany
country:      DE
admin-c:      GL3-RIPE
tech-c:       GL3-RIPE
rev-srv:      allegro.lemis.de
rev-srv:      ns.cls.net
rev-srv:      ns.maz.net
mnt-by:       AS2871-MNT
status:       ASSIGNED PI
source:       RIPE # Filtered

Its current provider was able to add it to their AS, too so it shouldn't be that much of a problem in Australia. I remember my ISP (QSC Germany) being a bit too... unexperienced at first so they sent me on to one of their resellers (who knew how to configure BGP) and they warned me that they wouldn't accept anything less than a /22 but things might be a bit different on the wrong side of the planet.

I'd just get the defunct rev-srv records out of the database entry and send an update for the ownership records.

In general ISPs are now very reluctant do less than a /22 or larget if it's not carved out of one of their blocks. It was a fair amount of hunting around in Menlo Park for me to find somebody to route FERAL.COM, and the big home serving ISPs like Sprint and Yahoo!/SBC were completely clueless about being asked if they would do so- even for a fee.

-matt