Julian Elischer wrote:

but if you did find some old ksocket based code sitting around,
i'd love to try it in -current and work on the bottlenecks..

I'm sure I don't have it any more, unfortunately. It was six years old, and I just moved into a smaller house and threw out a half dozen old computers as well as my ancient backup tapes.

I'll certainly look at what I can do about the queue items.
I may make a per-cpu cache of them.

That would probably help a lot. Each webserver or webclient is tied to one network interface, and I get the best performance when there is one CPU core per interface. I'm not using CPU affinity yet, but I'll probably put that in before long.

John