Donnie wrote:
On Dec 12, 10:51 am, Giulio Ferro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unfortunately those settings are already specified in /e
tc/X11/xorg.conf in the
section "InputDevice" for thetouchpad.

If you look in the /usr/ports/x11-drivers/synaptics/pkg-message it's all
already there

I had the same problem, but finally happened on this solution:
despite what the pkg-message says, in xorg.conf you have to specify
both a non-existent mouse and the touchpad, in addition to following
all the other pkg-message directions.  So, my xorg.conf has:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "X.org Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "AlwaysCore"
        InputDevice    "Synaptics_Touchpad" "CorePointer"
EndSection

### Note that touchpad MUST be CorePointer and non-existent mouse must
be AlwaysCore ###

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier    "Synaptics_Touchpad"
  Driver        "synaptics"
  Option        "SendCoreEvents"
  Option        "Device"      "/dev/psm0"
  Option        "Protocol"    "psm"
  Option        "TouchpadOff"   "0"
  Option        "LeftEdge"      "1700"
  Option        "RightEdge"     "5300"
  Option        "TopEdge"       "1700"
  Option        "BottomEdge"    "4200"
  Option        "FingerLow"   "25"
  Option        "FingerHigh"  "30"
  Option        "MaxTapTime"  "180"
  Option        "MaxTapMove"  "220"
  Option        "VertScrollDelta" "100"
  Option        "MinSpeed"    "0.06"
  Option        "MaxSpeed"    "0.06"
  Option        "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
  Option        "HorizScrollDelta"    "100"
  Option        "UpDownScrolling"       "on"
  Option        "UpDownRepeat"          "on"
  Option        "LeftRightScrolling"    "on"
  Option        "LeftRightRepeat"       "on"
  Option        "SHMConfig"   "on"
EndSection

Good luck!

--
Donnie

Doesn't work, sorry. The server starts, but the mouse pointer isn't moving.

Anyway I'm not sure this is the right way to do thinks. I'd dearly like to listen from the maintainer, maybe it can shed some light on the /dev/input/event issue...