Hello!
I am a student who considers applying for Google's Summer of Code programme.
One of my ideas for a GSoC project has the following synopsis:

Add virtual kernel (vkernel) support to FreeBSD for the i386 and amd64 architectures.

The vkernel support in question is the one found in DragonFlyBSD.
I wonder if vkernel support would have its place among the myriad of virtualisation technologies, and if it would aid kernel hackers in their kernel development work.
I also wonder if anybody would be interested in mentoring this.