Kurt J. Lidl writes:
 > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:25:16AM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
 > > Most of the complaints about other DBs is licensing related, but SQLite's
 > > complaint was also the fact that the past stability record was a bit rocky.
 >
 > One other thing to watch for in SQLite is the lack of atomicity
 > in updates.  It's not ACID, just like BDB 1.8x isn't ACID.
 >
 > Without a write-ahead log, you cannot be sure that the data written
 > actually made it to stable storage, and as such, you cannot be sure
 > that your database didn't get corrupted when the process stops in a
 > non-optimal way.

In what way is SQLite not atomic?  The documentation, Atomic Commit In
SQLite, suggests that it is:

  http://www.sqlite.org/atomiccommit.html

I don't know that it supports fully ACID (atomic, consist, isolated,
durable) transactions or how it handles the various SQL standard
transaction isolation levels (Read Uncommitted, Read Committed,
Repeatable Read, Serializable) but I believe that updates are atomic
and that it does as well as any db (in the face of lying
synch. operations, etc...) to handle "non-optimal" stops.

g.