On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 03:20:59PM -0400, David Forsythe wrote:
This summer I'll be working on creating a package library and using
that library to rewrite the pkg tools.

Jeremy Lea <r...@freebsd.org> wrote:
Since I've already done most of the work on this already, please,
please, please, don't ignore what I have done.

Garrett Cooper wrote:
    There's also http://libpkg.berlios.de/ that you could use as a
starting point, and please, PLEASE, don't neglect the SoC work that
was done last year by Anders Nore. It was committed to p4, but hasn't
made it upstream to CVS yet...

Good architectural summaries would help here; I
know David already has a lot of background reading
planned before start-of-coding this summer.  Can
you provide pointers to design documents or email threads
discussing any of these?

I'm not familiar with Anders work; what is the
current status of it?  Why hasn't it been pushed
into SVN yet?  Is there a good summary of what
it does so far and what remains to be done?

Cheers,

Tim